Right now, we are on vacation. One mile away from our house. At least, that's what my children think. I'm not going to be the one to tell them that we are really just staying at the hotel on base for several days while the plumbing is fixed (FINALLY) in our house. I've learned so much while we are staying here.
1. We don't need toys. We didn't bring any toys except their one stuffed animal to sleep with and you know what? They have been just fine. They are using their imagination and putting on singing and dancing shows during the day. But the highlight? Spinning in circles for hours in the office chair. Good times, folks.
2. If it wasn't for all of our
junk stuff, we would be able to live in a 500 sq. ft. apartment. I'm thinking this would be ideal because I always know where everyone is and they can hear me from anywhere and I have less space to clean. Awesome.
3. Adding to the above, it would even more awesome if the 500 sq.ft. apartment came with a super sweet lady to clean daily and make the beds like this hotel room does.
4. Hotel internet connections aren't very reliable (especially when they are free) and they are super s-l-o-w. My Google Reader is bursting at the seams as is my inbox. I did read a book in less than 24 hours and have watched numerous live talent shows from an adorable 4 & 5 year old in all of the time I now have.
5. I have fallen completely in love with those room darkening curtains in hotels. I am thinking about getting some for the kid's bedroom at home. Mine, too.
6. If anyone knows a magic trick to open a front loading washer/dryer combo once the thing has locked up tight for eternity, let me know. The one in our room is moody and once we put clothes in there, we never know how long until the thing decides to give them back. I almost had to go to Target in my jammies yesterday.
7. I do miss blogging and hearing from all of my buddies here. Y'all miss me too, right?